After many years of teaching “private lessons,” we realized something — most people don’t want to play music as just a private experience, people want to play music with family and friends; they want to play music to build community!
Yes, we think lessons are hugely important to develop technical skills on an instrument, but they're only part of the big picture.
So we developed a comprehensive plan to bring you the best of both worlds. In addition to lessons on your instrument of emphasis, once a month in our home studio we host a Hootenanny where we provide the family and the students provide the friends!
- “Open mic” performance time
- A featured instrument demonstration
- A multi-instrumental jam session
We offer two styles of Hootenanny for you to find your musical peeps:
- Fun Groups play and explore. All ages and abilities are welcome!
- Focused Groups jam and collaborate. Ages 13+ can join!
Questions? Comments? Please send us a message and we'll get back to you before you can say - hootenanny!